CAMBRIDGE, Mass., September 6, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – EverQuote, Inc., the leading online insurance marketplace in the United States connecting consumers with insurance providers, recently launched its first discount offers on safe driving within its industry-leading social security offer. driving app, EverDrive.
In partnership with leading telematics technology provider Octo Telematics and insurance innovator, State Automobile Mutual Insurance Company (State Auto), drivers who enroll in EverDrive’s insurance offering feature can anonymously share their driving data and benefit from significant discounts of up to 50% on their auto insurance thanks to the integration of EverDrive with the Octo driving market and innovative safe driving insurance products by State Auto.
With over 500,000 downloads since the app launch and over 2 billion kilometers driven, EverQuote’s EverDrive app is the # 1 carrierless safe driving app in the United States and the source for EverQuote Annual Safe Driving Report. The EverDrive app is available on the App Store and google play.
The EverDrive app addresses two key challenges facing the adoption of telematics technologies at large:
- It enables consumers to improve their driving behavior while giving them control over their driving data.
- By enabling them to measure and improve on key factors typically related to accidents and claims, such as speeding, sudden breakages, and distracted phone use, drivers can assess and improve their scores before sharing these information with insurers.
- Users can participate in a fun and friendly competition with friends and family members through built-in social media features and a rich set of self-measuring tools, assessing and improving their driving skills regardless of any insurance provider.
- When they feel comfortable doing so, they can choose to share their driving information anonymously to see if they qualify for potential insurance discounts and can then connect with a supplier offer to finalize their purchase at their discretion.
- It provides insurers with a ready and engaged audience of safe drivers that they can assess in real time without the overhead and assessment delays typical of traditional programs. EverDrive users must have an adequate driving history recorded in the app to qualify for a supplier’s offer before being rated. If they have opted for insurance offers in EverDrive, they are presented to them if they have qualified status.
“We believe the Safe Driving Discounts from EverDrive are a major breakthrough for the insurance industry, as personalized pricing and digital risk management represent the future of insurance. EverDrive is the first carrier independent solution that helps drivers, their friends and family improve driving safety; by giving them control over their own data while accessing significant discounts from participating carrier partners. With over 160 insurance companies in the EverQuote marketplace, we are excited to open a new channel for safe driving product distribution and we are excited to have more partners join the program as we continue to evolve. Said Seth Birnbaum, CEO of EverQuote and Co-Founder.
Founded in 2011, EverQuote, Inc. operates the largest online marketplace for insurance purchases in the United States. The company’s goal is to reshape insurance shopping for consumers and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance purchases continue to change online. With over 10 million consumer visits per month, EverQuote’s results-driven marketplace, powered by the company’s proprietary data and technology platform, connects and connects consumers looking to purchase insurance with relevant options from our extensive direct network of insurance providers, saving consumers and providers time. and money. For more information, visit EverQuote.com and follow on Twitter @EverQuoteInsure
Octo is the world’s leading provider of telematics and data analysis solutions for the auto insurance industry. Founded in 2002, Octo is one of the pioneers of the insurance telematics industry. Today, Octo is the world’s largest and most experienced insurance telematics company, transforming auto insurance through behavioral, contextual and driving analyzes for more than 100 insurance partners.
Octo has more than 5.6 million connected users and the world’s largest telematics database, with more than 207 billion kilometers of driving data collected and 447,000 accidents and insurance events analyzed (as of June 30 2018).
Octo applies proprietary algorithms to this market-leading database to deliver powerful new insights into driver risk, informing solutions that benefit both auto insurance companies and policyholders.
The company is headquartered in Rome and offices in Boston, London, Stuttgart, Madrid and Sao Paulo.
About State Auto
State Automobile Mutual Insurance Company, headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, is a super regional property and casualty insurance holding company. The company is primarily engaged in writing personal and business insurance products exclusively through independent insurance agencies in 33 states and prides itself on being a trusted choice.® business partner.
State Automobile Mutual is part of the State Auto Group, which is rated A- (Excellent) by AM Best Company and includes State Automobile Mutual, State Auto Financial Corporation, State Auto Property & Casualty, State Auto Ohio, State Auto Wisconsin, Milbank, Meridian Security, Patrons Mutual, Rockhill Insurance, Plaza Insurance, American Compensation and Bloomington Compensation. Additional information is available online at www.StateAuto.com.
Media contact for EverQuote:
SOURCE EverQuote, Inc.