An International Driving Permit will be issued to an applicant holding a valid Indian license and residing in India. The request must be made on Form 2 or in writing to the RTO in whose jurisdiction the applicant resides, specifying the countries to be visited and the length of stay, etc.
Indian driver’s license is not valid outside India, international driver’s license can be used to drive a car in various countries at short notice. Getting an IDP (Indian Driving Permit) is not that difficult and you can do it at your local regional transportation office. There are procedures and documentation to obtain an IDP.
- Valid driver’s license held by the applicant and its copies.
- Copy of your passport.
- A copy of the visa (if applicable) from the country you will be driving must be attached to the form.
- Air ticket for verification.
- The regional transport office asks you to complete Form 4A available at the local RTO.
- Fees as prescribed as well as user fees.
To note: The IDP must be applied to the same RTO from which your Indian driver’s license was issued. However, if you live in a city or state other than the one mentioned in your license, a “Certificate of No Objection (NOC)” is required from your original licensing authority to request an IDP from. another RTO.
READ: When is National Hindi Divas 2021: Date, Meaning & Everything You Need To Know